Hey everyone
nj1984
post Nov 18 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #1

Little Leaguer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,407

Hey everyone just signed up for the site and thought i would say hello before i started posting in the main forum

-nj1984
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cactus
post Nov 19 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 159

Welcome to the forum!

--------------------
'-|-'

- "Mr. Jeff Wilpon has decided that he’s going to learn how to run a baseball team and take over at the end of the year… Run for the hills, boys. I think probably all those baseball people will bail… Jeff sits there by himself like he’s King Tut waiting for his camel.” - Nelson Doubleday
- "In today's regulatory environment, it's virtually impossible to violate rules." - Bernard Madoff, 10/20/07
The Washington Post decided not to cover Ralph Nader's presidential campaign because he had no chance of winning. Nader's response: "Then why are you covering the Nationals?"
- Asked by the Post about the younger Wilpon's job performance, Fred Wilpon said: "Excellent. Everybody knows ...that."
- "The word 'autonomy' is sometimes misused." - Jeff Wilpon
- "Let’s give Jeff Wilpon the benefit of the doubt here for a moment. Let’s say he is not short-tempered. Tone deaf. A credit seeker. An accountability deflector. A micro-manager. A second-guesser. A less-than-deep thinker. And bad at self-awareness. Fine, he’s none of these things. But here is the problem: This is his perception in the industry." - Joel Sherman
- “Jeff is the problem with the organization, and he is never going to realize that. He cannot help himself. He has to be involved. He will never hire anyone who will not let him have major input. He will not hire anyone who does not run every personnel decision through him.” - Anonymous NL Executive
- "The only person with a worse reputation than Jeff Wilpon in the game is David Samson." - Anonymous AL executive
- "[Mets GM Omar Minaya] isn’t the General Manager. Jeff Wilpon is. Omar’s the one out there to take the heat.” - Peter Gammons
- [Jeff Wilpon's] role in management, according to one official who worked for him, "is to act as president and CEO of second-guessing."
- "I always want Mets fans on my juries," said one noted defense attorney friend, a rabid Yankees fan. "They love losers, even three-time losers like some of my clients. And if Mets fans believe anything the Mets front office says, I can convince them to acquit anybody." - Denis Hamill
- I got a call the other day. They noted I had been a long term season ticket holder and asked if I was interested. I immediately exclaimed "I'm so sorry for the Wilpon Family". He asked what I meant. I told the guy if he looked in my file, he'd see a note to call me after both Fred and Jeff dropped dead, and not a day before. - Meanballer

+Quote Post
unserse09
post Dec 10 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #3

Little Leaguer
Group Icon

Group: Validated Members
Member No.: 8,385

Hey Everyone,

My names Chris and Im from the down under

Forum looks awesome and I look forward to meeting you all

Cya around
Chris

+Quote Post
Cactus
post Feb 3 2010, 10:30 AM
Post #4

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (unserse09 @ Dec 10 2009, 01:15 AM) *
Hey Everyone,

My names Chris and Im from the down under

Forum looks awesome and I look forward to meeting you all

Cya around
Chris

sorry you didn't get a welcome....the spam bots had buried this post. anyway, welcome to the site!

--------------------
'-|-'

- "Mr. Jeff Wilpon has decided that he’s going to learn how to run a baseball team and take over at the end of the year… Run for the hills, boys. I think probably all those baseball people will bail… Jeff sits there by himself like he’s King Tut waiting for his camel.” - Nelson Doubleday
- "In today's regulatory environment, it's virtually impossible to violate rules." - Bernard Madoff, 10/20/07
The Washington Post decided not to cover Ralph Nader's presidential campaign because he had no chance of winning. Nader's response: "Then why are you covering the Nationals?"
- Asked by the Post about the younger Wilpon's job performance, Fred Wilpon said: "Excellent. Everybody knows ...that."
- "Let’s give Jeff Wilpon the benefit of the doubt here for a moment. Let’s say he is not short-tempered. Tone deaf. A credit seeker. An accountability deflector. A micro-manager. A second-guesser. A less-than-deep thinker. And bad at self-awareness. Fine, he’s none of these things. But here is the problem: This is his perception in the industry." - Joel Sherman
- “Jeff is the problem with the organization, and he is never going to realize that. He cannot help himself. He has to be involved. He will never hire anyone who will not let him have major input. He will not hire anyone who does not run every personnel decision through him.” - Anonymous NL Executive
- "The only person with a worse reputation than Jeff Wilpon in the game is David Samson." - Anonymous AL executive
- "[Mets GM Omar Minaya] isn’t the General Manager. Jeff Wilpon is. Omar’s the one out there to take the heat.” - Peter Gammons
- [Jeff Wilpon's] role in management, according to one official who worked for him, "is to act as president and CEO of second-guessing."
- "I always want Mets fans on my juries," said one noted defense attorney friend, a rabid Yankees fan. "They love losers, even three-time losers like some of my clients. And if Mets fans believe anything the Mets front office says, I can convince them to acquit anybody." - Denis Hamill
- I got a call the other day. They noted I had been a long term season ticket holder and asked if I was interested. I immediately exclaimed "I'm so sorry for the Wilpon Family". He asked what I meant. I told the guy if he looked in my file, he'd see a note to call me after both Fred and Jeff dropped dead, and not a day before. - Meanballer

+Quote Post
Metsfan
post Apr 13 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #5

Little Leaguer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,510

Just wanted to say a quick hello to the forum. I tried to start my own introduction thread but keep getting an error message. Either way, I just found the board today and decided to sign up. I'm a Mets fan from south Georgia, lol, not many of us down here. I look forward to meeting you guys and hopefully to some enlightening/fun Mets conversations. I know the general mood is gloom and doom but maybe just maybe they'll be something worth talking about this season.

+Quote Post
Cactus
post Apr 13 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #6

Admin
Group Icon

i think you need to make a post first before you can start a new topic. (helps with spam prevention)

anyway, welcome to the site! must be tough being a mets fan in braves country smile.gif

--------------------
'-|-'

+Quote Post
Metsfan
post Apr 13 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #7

Little Leaguer
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cactus @ Apr 13 2010, 12:10 PM) *
i think you need to make a post first before you can start a new topic. (helps with spam prevention)

anyway, welcome to the site! must be tough being a mets fan in braves country smile.gif

It's umm...a challenge, to say the least. I've dealt with it for a while now so I've gotten most of the ridicule out of the way I think. Most people just let me be now. I was honestly hoping this season might give me a little bit of bragging rights, guess we'll have to wait and see though.

Thanks for the welcome.

+Quote Post
Cactus
post Apr 13 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #8

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (Metsfan @ Apr 13 2010, 12:20 PM) *
It's umm...a challenge, to say the least. I've dealt with it for a while now so I've gotten most of the ridicule out of the way I think. Most people just let me be now. I was honestly hoping this season might give me a little bit of bragging rights, guess we'll have to wait and see though.

Thanks for the welcome.

if the mets and braves are both good at the same time again i'm sure it will get ugly again soon enough smile.gif

--------------------
'-|-'

+Quote Post
Metsfan
post Apr 13 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #9

Little Leaguer
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cactus @ Apr 13 2010, 12:48 PM) *
if the mets and braves are both good at the same time again i'm sure it will get ugly again soon enough smile.gif

I'm afraid you're right on the $ with that one. However, I'm also afraid that the Braves are a lot closer to being good again than we are biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Terry
post Sep 23 2010, 01:47 AM
Post #10

Little Leaguer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,620

good to see you here.. i am also new at this site...

+Quote Post
pepperfoot
post May 19 2013, 11:25 AM
Post #11

Little Leaguer
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,866

Hey smile.gif im also new here. just signed up. hope to talk to great sports fans and read great news here

--------------------

+Quote Post
younghem
post May 19 2013, 11:57 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Group: Mods
Member No.: 210

QUOTE (pepperfoot @ May 19 2013, 11:25 AM) *
Hey smile.gif im also new here. just signed up. hope to talk to great sports fans and read great news here

Welcome aboard !

+Quote Post
Cactus
post May 27 2013, 10:13 PM
Post #13

Admin
Group Icon

welcome

--------------------
'-|-'

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 09:01 AM