Amazinz fantasy league
M00chness
post Feb 22 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #1

Rookie
Group Icon

Group: Validated Members
Member No.: 791

Hey guys. I know every year we do a little something for fantasy league. I am not sure who is going to set it up (I can if nobody steps ups).

Figure I put this down now so people can sign up ahead of time instead of scrambling at the last minute to get 12 teams.

Im suggesting it be done on Yahoo. I noticed they have a new draft system which looks fun. "Live Auction Draft". Basically you have a budget and bid on players. I think with the depth this board goes in with the sport we can have a good time with it.

Here is a link describing it - http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fa...dvsauction.html

Anyways post up on here if you are interested. I am thinking the draft will be done around last week of spring training?

Also any comments/suggestions are appreciated.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JerseyScott
post Feb 22 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #2

Superstar
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,221

I set it up last year and will do it again if I need to.

In a word, I'M IN!

--------------------
"Punk is whatever we made it to be"

+Quote Post
Cactus
post Feb 22 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #3

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 159

im down for that.

--------------------
'-|-'

- "Mr. Jeff Wilpon has decided that he’s going to learn how to run a baseball team and take over at the end of the year… Run for the hills, boys. I think probably all those baseball people will bail… Jeff sits there by himself like he’s King Tut waiting for his camel.” - Nelson Doubleday
- "In today's regulatory environment, it's virtually impossible to violate rules." - Bernard Madoff, 10/20/07
The Washington Post decided not to cover Ralph Nader's presidential campaign because he had no chance of winning. Nader's response: "Then why are you covering the Nationals?"
- Asked by the Post about the younger Wilpon's job performance, Fred Wilpon said: "Excellent. Everybody knows ...that."
- "The word 'autonomy' is sometimes misused." - Jeff Wilpon
- "Let’s give Jeff Wilpon the benefit of the doubt here for a moment. Let’s say he is not short-tempered. Tone deaf. A credit seeker. An accountability deflector. A micro-manager. A second-guesser. A less-than-deep thinker. And bad at self-awareness. Fine, he’s none of these things. But here is the problem: This is his perception in the industry." - Joel Sherman
- “Jeff is the problem with the organization, and he is never going to realize that. He cannot help himself. He has to be involved. He will never hire anyone who will not let him have major input. He will not hire anyone who does not run every personnel decision through him.” - Anonymous NL Executive
- "The only person with a worse reputation than Jeff Wilpon in the game is David Samson." - Anonymous AL executive
- "[Mets GM Omar Minaya] isn’t the General Manager. Jeff Wilpon is. Omar’s the one out there to take the heat.” - Peter Gammons
- [Jeff Wilpon's] role in management, according to one official who worked for him, "is to act as president and CEO of second-guessing."
- "I always want Mets fans on my juries," said one noted defense attorney friend, a rabid Yankees fan. "They love losers, even three-time losers like some of my clients. And if Mets fans believe anything the Mets front office says, I can convince them to acquit anybody." - Denis Hamill
- I got a call the other day. They noted I had been a long term season ticket holder and asked if I was interested. I immediately exclaimed "I'm so sorry for the Wilpon Family". He asked what I meant. I told the guy if he looked in my file, he'd see a note to call me after both Fred and Jeff dropped dead, and not a day before. - Meanballer

+Quote Post
younghem
post Feb 22 2010, 01:03 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Mods
Member No.: 210

I am down like doo doo brown !

--------------------

The GIF above is a good metaphor for the Mets attempt at 90 wins this season.

+Quote Post
M00chness
post Feb 22 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #5

Rookie
Group Icon

QUOTE (JerseyScott @ Feb 22 2010, 01:49 PM) *
I set it up last year and will do it again if I need to.

In a word, I'M IN!

If you wouldn't mind Scott? I am terrible at these things. We would wind up playing Fantasy curling.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
metsfan247
post Feb 22 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #6

Rookie
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,003

If you wouldn't mind Scott? I am terrible at these things. We would wind up playing Fantasy curling.

Lmao.

--------------------

+Quote Post
M00chness
post Mar 3 2010, 10:20 AM
Post #7

Rookie
Group Icon

So I did a draft for fun with the live auction. It takes ALOT longer then a regular draft so be prepared to be there for more then 2 hours. It is alot more fun though as you need the manage money. I am not going to give away the tips and tricks I learned from it but here is what my squad looks like.

No team is perfect, but this is one of the strongest power tanking teams I have ever drafted.

SP - Doc Halliday
SP - Mark Buehrle
RP - Tyler Clippard
RP - Mike Adams
P - Ervin Santana
P - Bronson Arroyo

C - Joe Mauer
1B - Ryan Howard
2B - Ian Kinsler
3B - A-Rod
SS - Reyes
OF - Matt Kemp
OF - Corey Hart
OF - Nolan Reimold
Util - Casey Blake
Util - Randy Winn

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
JerseyScott
post Mar 3 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #8

Superstar
Group Icon

I guess I should get my ass in gear....

I will set it up either today or tomorrow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
M00chness
post Mar 4 2010, 09:40 AM
Post #9

Rookie
Group Icon

Theres no rush on it considering we only have like 4 teams sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Cactus
post Mar 4 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #10

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (M00chness @ Mar 4 2010, 09:40 AM) *
Theres no rush on it considering we only have like 4 teams sad.gif

well you won't know until it gets started smile.gif

--------------------
'-|-'

- "Mr. Jeff Wilpon has decided that he’s going to learn how to run a baseball team and take over at the end of the year… Run for the hills, boys. I think probably all those baseball people will bail… Jeff sits there by himself like he’s King Tut waiting for his camel.” - Nelson Doubleday
- "In today's regulatory environment, it's virtually impossible to violate rules." - Bernard Madoff, 10/20/07
The Washington Post decided not to cover Ralph Nader's presidential campaign because he had no chance of winning. Nader's response: "Then why are you covering the Nationals?"
- Asked by the Post about the younger Wilpon's job performance, Fred Wilpon said: "Excellent. Everybody knows ...that."
- "Let’s give Jeff Wilpon the benefit of the doubt here for a moment. Let’s say he is not short-tempered. Tone deaf. A credit seeker. An accountability deflector. A micro-manager. A second-guesser. A less-than-deep thinker. And bad at self-awareness. Fine, he’s none of these things. But here is the problem: This is his perception in the industry." - Joel Sherman
- “Jeff is the problem with the organization, and he is never going to realize that. He cannot help himself. He has to be involved. He will never hire anyone who will not let him have major input. He will not hire anyone who does not run every personnel decision through him.” - Anonymous NL Executive
- "The only person with a worse reputation than Jeff Wilpon in the game is David Samson." - Anonymous AL executive
- "[Mets GM Omar Minaya] isn’t the General Manager. Jeff Wilpon is. Omar’s the one out there to take the heat.” - Peter Gammons
- [Jeff Wilpon's] role in management, according to one official who worked for him, "is to act as president and CEO of second-guessing."
- "I always want Mets fans on my juries," said one noted defense attorney friend, a rabid Yankees fan. "They love losers, even three-time losers like some of my clients. And if Mets fans believe anything the Mets front office says, I can convince them to acquit anybody." - Denis Hamill
- I got a call the other day. They noted I had been a long term season ticket holder and asked if I was interested. I immediately exclaimed "I'm so sorry for the Wilpon Family". He asked what I meant. I told the guy if he looked in my file, he'd see a note to call me after both Fred and Jeff dropped dead, and not a day before. - Meanballer

+Quote Post
younghem
post Mar 4 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

ITS FANTASY BASEBALL PEOPLE !!!!!!
JOIN THE DAMN LEAGUE !!!!

that oughta do it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
younghem
post Mar 13 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

*bump* whats the story? *bump*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cactus
post Mar 14 2010, 01:41 AM
Post #13

Admin
Group Icon

i can get it started if jersey is b z

--------------------
'-|-'

+Quote Post
JerseyScott
post Mar 16 2010, 06:41 AM
Post #14

Superstar
Group Icon

Sorry fellas. I was up in the mother-land (NY/NJ) over the weekend.....

I will start it today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JerseyScott
post Mar 16 2010, 07:21 AM
Post #15

Superstar
Group Icon

OK Kiddies!

It's done. Same rules etc. as the last two years. The only difference is that we will do the auction draft.

The draft is set for Saturday, April 3rd at noon. We can change this if we need to.

Here's the info:

Yahoo
Amazinz Fantasy League
Password: mets1969

Let's try to get more teams than last year. Tell your friends!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cactus
post Mar 16 2010, 08:33 AM
Post #16

Admin
Group Icon

i'm in...i'll pin the topic as well

--------------------
'-|-'

+Quote Post
JerseyScott
post Mar 16 2010, 10:05 AM
Post #17

Superstar
Group Icon

Good deal Cactus. Eight more teams to go..... ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
M00chness
post Mar 17 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #18

Rookie
Group Icon

I joined

Are we getting friends to join to fill up the teams?

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
JerseyScott
post Mar 17 2010, 10:49 AM
Post #19

Superstar
Group Icon

QUOTE (M00chness @ Mar 17 2010, 10:15 AM) *
I joined

Are we getting friends to join to fill up the teams?

everybody is welcome. we could not fill the league last year with just the Amazinz crowd....

--------------------

+Quote Post
M00chness
post Mar 17 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #20

Rookie
Group Icon

Cool thats what I was thinking but wanted to run it by you guys first

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
JerseyScott
post Mar 18 2010, 08:42 AM
Post #21

Superstar
Group Icon

BUMP!!!!

We need to keep this thread up top so the peeps will see it and join our happy fantasy family...... wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
younghem
post Mar 18 2010, 10:23 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Yahoo
Amazinz Fantasy League

Just wanted to re-post the info.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JerseyScott
post Mar 18 2010, 10:34 AM
Post #23

Superstar
Group Icon

SKINNY MO VAUGHN IS BACK!!!!!! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
younghem
post Mar 18 2010, 10:38 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE (JerseyScott @ Mar 18 2010, 11:34 AM) *
SKINNY MO VAUGHN IS BACK!!!!!! laugh.gif

Damn straight baby ! cool.gif

(it's me btw)

--------------------

+Quote Post
JerseyScott
post Mar 18 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #25

Superstar
Group Icon

QUOTE (younghem @ Mar 18 2010, 10:38 AM) *
Damn straight baby ! cool.gif

(it's me btw)

Oh, believe me buddy-boy..... I know who it is..... ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
younghem
post Mar 18 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

QUOTE (JerseyScott @ Mar 18 2010, 12:27 PM) *
Oh, believe me buddy-boy..... I know who it is..... ohmy.gif

lol I'm back to defend my title.........from two years ago. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
M00chness
post Mar 18 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #27

Rookie
Group Icon

Wont be much of a title to defend if there's only 4 teams there sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
JerseyScott
post Mar 19 2010, 07:19 AM
Post #28

Superstar
Group Icon

QUOTE (younghem @ Mar 18 2010, 11:30 AM) *
lol I'm back to defend my title.........from two years ago. biggrin.gif

I remember. I came in second..... angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JerseyScott
post Mar 20 2010, 12:52 PM
Post #29

Superstar
Group Icon

BUMP!!!!!

C'MON PEOPLES!!!!!! Join the league!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
younghem
post Mar 20 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

JOHAN SANTANA IS OUT FOR THE SEASON !!!!!

Now that I have your attention, join the damn league.

Yahoo
Amazinz Fantasy League

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 06:52 AM