Player of the Game, Are we still making picks? lol
Metsalltheway11
post Apr 5 2012, 01:10 PM
Post #1

Minor Leaguer
Group Icon

Group: Validated Members
Member No.: 5,325

Todays game is in the 4th inning so I guess its too late, but are we bothering to do it this season?

BTW Johan looks good biggrin.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cactus
post Apr 5 2012, 01:20 PM
Post #2

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 159

Santana

backup: 35 straight curveballs to Ike Davis with him being fooled on every one

--------------------
'-|-'

- "Mr. Jeff Wilpon has decided that he’s going to learn how to run a baseball team and take over at the end of the year… Run for the hills, boys. I think probably all those baseball people will bail… Jeff sits there by himself like he’s King Tut waiting for his camel.” - Nelson Doubleday
- "In today's regulatory environment, it's virtually impossible to violate rules." - Bernard Madoff, 10/20/07
The Washington Post decided not to cover Ralph Nader's presidential campaign because he had no chance of winning. Nader's response: "Then why are you covering the Nationals?"
- Asked by the Post about the younger Wilpon's job performance, Fred Wilpon said: "Excellent. Everybody knows ...that."
- "The word 'autonomy' is sometimes misused." - Jeff Wilpon
- "Let’s give Jeff Wilpon the benefit of the doubt here for a moment. Let’s say he is not short-tempered. Tone deaf. A credit seeker. An accountability deflector. A micro-manager. A second-guesser. A less-than-deep thinker. And bad at self-awareness. Fine, he’s none of these things. But here is the problem: This is his perception in the industry." - Joel Sherman
- “Jeff is the problem with the organization, and he is never going to realize that. He cannot help himself. He has to be involved. He will never hire anyone who will not let him have major input. He will not hire anyone who does not run every personnel decision through him.” - Anonymous NL Executive
- "The only person with a worse reputation than Jeff Wilpon in the game is David Samson." - Anonymous AL executive
- "[Mets GM Omar Minaya] isn’t the General Manager. Jeff Wilpon is. Omar’s the one out there to take the heat.” - Peter Gammons
- [Jeff Wilpon's] role in management, according to one official who worked for him, "is to act as president and CEO of second-guessing."
- "I always want Mets fans on my juries," said one noted defense attorney friend, a rabid Yankees fan. "They love losers, even three-time losers like some of my clients. And if Mets fans believe anything the Mets front office says, I can convince them to acquit anybody." - Denis Hamill
- I got a call the other day. They noted I had been a long term season ticket holder and asked if I was interested. I immediately exclaimed "I'm so sorry for the Wilpon Family". He asked what I meant. I told the guy if he looked in my file, he'd see a note to call me after both Fred and Jeff dropped dead, and not a day before. - Meanballer

+Quote Post
Metsalltheway11
post Apr 5 2012, 01:30 PM
Post #3

Minor Leaguer
Group Icon

QUOTE (Metsalltheway11 @ Apr 5 2012, 01:10 PM) *
Todays game is in the 4th inning so I guess its too late, but are we bothering to do it this season?

BTW Johan looks good biggrin.gif

Looks like I spoke a little too soon...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pauly B
post Apr 5 2012, 02:22 PM
Post #4

Minor Leaguer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,486

QUOTE (Metsalltheway11 @ Apr 5 2012, 01:30 PM) *
Looks like I spoke a little too soon...

He looked very impressive today. Only allowed 2 hits.

+Quote Post
younghem
post Apr 5 2012, 03:26 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Mods
Member No.: 210

If Johan is the old Johan then maybe they can trade him for a haul.....

You KNOW they'd love to dump that contract !

--------------------

If I could play my career over again I'd swing more. Those 1200 walks I got -- nobody remembers them. ~ Pee Wee Reese

+Quote Post
Metsalltheway11
post Apr 6 2012, 05:29 PM
Post #6

Minor Leaguer
Group Icon

QUOTE (Pauly B @ Apr 5 2012, 02:22 PM) *
He looked very impressive today. Only allowed 2 hits.

I was running out of the house when i Posted that, right after he walked the 8 hitter, and pitcher.
It's great for baseball to see him doing good.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 07:47 PM