Reply to this topicStart new topic
Expect Regression
Truefan79
post Apr 16 2012, 12:29 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Mods
Member No.: 52

So right now the Mets have been winning solely based on their pitching. They currently have the 3rd lowest ERA in baseball at 2.48. However their offense is ranked 26th in runs.

In reality I see this happening as the season moves on. The Mets offense will not be that bad at scoring runs. In fact their OPS is .733 which is 12th in the MLB and one of the better teams in the NL with OPS. Their pitching will most likely regress to a more league average level which will probably be in the 3.6-3.8 range.

That being said this team will probably middle of the pack offensively and pitching wise. Unfortunately they will most likely be the worst defensive team. For all those who predicted a 75-80 win season I think you are right on the money. In order to be better the pitching would need to stay the same and the offense would need to score a few more runs. IF and that's a big IF, they could maintain this current level of pitching then the playoffs would be a reality.

--------------------
People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.

- Rogers Hornsby

Trading specs for Santana would be a disaster, just ask the Twins.

-mvr 7/2/12
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MeanBaller
post Apr 16 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #2

Superstar
Group Icon

Group: Validated Members
Member No.: 684

Of course expect regression. You have to expect sub-par defense - you have a RF who is a DH. You have a second basemen who is also a DH, learning an unnatural position with a new shortstop who is just starting out in the majors with a rookie-ish firstbaseman.

Hitting? It won't be anything to write home about. It won't be awful. But you will see plenty of games like the last game against the Nats. Lots of games where everyone is asleep.

Pitching? Noting to write home about. Don't expect them to stay at the ERA level they are now. Batters warm up after pitchers at the front end of the season - this is what happened with the Mets last year.

I say that the Mets lose at least 90 and maybe 100. Personally, my hope is that they beat the 62 record. That would be great.

+Quote Post
Batman Forever
post Apr 16 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #3

Rookie
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,680

QUOTE (MeanBaller @ Apr 16 2012, 01:55 PM) *
Of course expect regression. You have to expect sub-par defense - you have a RF who is a DH. You have a second basemen who is also a DH, learning an unnatural position with a new shortstop who is just starting out in the majors with a rookie-ish firstbaseman.

Hitting? It won't be anything to write home about. It won't be awful. But you will see plenty of games like the last game against the Nats. Lots of games where everyone is asleep.

Pitching? Noting to write home about. Don't expect them to stay at the ERA level they are now. Batters warm up after pitchers at the front end of the season - this is what happened with the Mets last year.

I say that the Mets lose at least 90 and maybe 100. Personally, my hope is that they beat the 62 record. That would be great.

As a Mets fan, my hope is the Mets WIN every time they take the field. I know a lot of Mets fans, and none have ever wished for their team to have the worst record all-time. Now they may wish that on the team they despise most but never for their favorite team.

+Quote Post
Cactus
post Apr 16 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #4

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 159

QUOTE (Batman Forever @ Apr 16 2012, 01:24 PM) *
As a Mets fan, my hope is the Mets WIN every time they take the field. I know a lot of Mets fans, and none have ever wished for their team to have the worst record all-time. Now they may wish that on the team they despise most but never for their favorite team.

now there's the internet, and you can expand your horizons.

--------------------
'-|-'

- "Mr. Jeff Wilpon has decided that he’s going to learn how to run a baseball team and take over at the end of the year… Run for the hills, boys. I think probably all those baseball people will bail… Jeff sits there by himself like he’s King Tut waiting for his camel.” - Nelson Doubleday
- "In today's regulatory environment, it's virtually impossible to violate rules." - Bernard Madoff, 10/20/07
The Washington Post decided not to cover Ralph Nader's presidential campaign because he had no chance of winning. Nader's response: "Then why are you covering the Nationals?"
- Asked by the Post about the younger Wilpon's job performance, Fred Wilpon said: "Excellent. Everybody knows ...that."
- "The word 'autonomy' is sometimes misused." - Jeff Wilpon
- "Let’s give Jeff Wilpon the benefit of the doubt here for a moment. Let’s say he is not short-tempered. Tone deaf. A credit seeker. An accountability deflector. A micro-manager. A second-guesser. A less-than-deep thinker. And bad at self-awareness. Fine, he’s none of these things. But here is the problem: This is his perception in the industry." - Joel Sherman
- “Jeff is the problem with the organization, and he is never going to realize that. He cannot help himself. He has to be involved. He will never hire anyone who will not let him have major input. He will not hire anyone who does not run every personnel decision through him.” - Anonymous NL Executive
- "The only person with a worse reputation than Jeff Wilpon in the game is David Samson." - Anonymous AL executive
- "[Mets GM Omar Minaya] isn’t the General Manager. Jeff Wilpon is. Omar’s the one out there to take the heat.” - Peter Gammons
- [Jeff Wilpon's] role in management, according to one official who worked for him, "is to act as president and CEO of second-guessing."
- "I always want Mets fans on my juries," said one noted defense attorney friend, a rabid Yankees fan. "They love losers, even three-time losers like some of my clients. And if Mets fans believe anything the Mets front office says, I can convince them to acquit anybody." - Denis Hamill
- I got a call the other day. They noted I had been a long term season ticket holder and asked if I was interested. I immediately exclaimed "I'm so sorry for the Wilpon Family". He asked what I meant. I told the guy if he looked in my file, he'd see a note to call me after both Fred and Jeff dropped dead, and not a day before. - Meanballer

+Quote Post
MeanBaller
post Apr 16 2012, 01:43 PM
Post #5

Superstar
Group Icon

QUOTE (Batman Forever @ Apr 16 2012, 01:24 PM) *

If you live long enough, you get to see just about everything.

I've never seen a fan of any team that felt that it was good for them to proceed with fatal flaws and to actually encourage them to continue down the road of purposely fielding a team with fatal flaws. But like you, I've lived long enough to see that too.

Enjoy your fantasy baseball season. Truly. I wish you nothing but joy.

+Quote Post
Batman Forever
post Apr 16 2012, 01:47 PM
Post #6

Rookie
Group Icon

QUOTE (MeanBaller @ Apr 16 2012, 02:43 PM) *
If you live long enough, you get to see just about everything.

I've never seen a fan of any team that felt that it was good for them to proceed with fatal flaws and to actually encourage them to continue down the road of purposely fielding a team with fatal flaws. But like you, I've lived long enough to see that too.

Enjoy your fantasy baseball season. Truly. I wish you nothing but joy.

Thank you meanballer. If the Mets sllit the rest of their games, we can each be happy on alternate nights.

+Quote Post
angy
post Apr 16 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #7

Superstar
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,147

QUOTE (Batman Forever @ Apr 16 2012, 02:24 PM) *

Apparently you just don't get the message. None of us Mets fans wish or want the mets to lose. We are just more astute than you and recognize their shortcomings. As Bill Maher would say we are on the outside of the bubble trying to communicate with you inside the bubble. Please do not misinterpret this as an attack on your optimism. But sometimes you have to put the real glasses on!

+Quote Post
Batman Forever
post Apr 16 2012, 06:29 PM
Post #8

Rookie
Group Icon

QUOTE (angy @ Apr 16 2012, 05:47 PM) *
Apparently you just don't get the message. None of us Mets fans wish or want the mets to lose. We are just more astute than you and recognize their shortcomings. As Bill Maher would say we are on the outside of the bubble trying to communicate with you inside the bubble. Please do not misinterpret this as an attack on your optimism. But sometimes you have to put the real glasses on!

I get the message. "personally my hope is that they beat the '62 record. That would be great."- meanballer

Astute? Nope, you are just not paying attention. Are you smothered inside the bubble?

I know a good eye doctor it might do wonders for you. No offsense.

+Quote Post
angy
post Apr 16 2012, 07:12 PM
Post #9

Superstar
Group Icon

QUOTE (Batman Forever @ Apr 16 2012, 07:29 PM) *
I get the message. "personally my hope is that they beat the '62 record. That would be great."- meanballer

Astute? Nope, you are just not paying attention. Are you smothered inside the bubble?

I know a good eye doctor it might do wonders for you. No offsense.

If he's as good as your assesment of the Mets, I'll pass!

+Quote Post
mikevailrules
post Apr 16 2012, 08:06 PM
Post #10

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 291

keep regressing like this and i'll have a great summer

--------------------
Tell your statistics to shut up

+Quote Post
Pauly B
post Apr 16 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #11

Minor Leaguer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,486

QUOTE (mikevailrules @ Apr 16 2012, 09:06 PM) *
keep regressing like this and i'll have a great summer

LOL

+Quote Post
Batman Forever
post Apr 16 2012, 09:24 PM
Post #12

Rookie
Group Icon

And the METS WIN!!!!

Now 7-3 this team as I predicted is surprising people.

Pitching looks good, OPS fine and showing some pop.
Lacking defense and speed, but very happy on how the mets are playing out of the gate.

Underdogs playing to win.

+Quote Post
Pauly B
post Apr 16 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #13

Minor Leaguer
Group Icon

QUOTE (Batman Forever @ Apr 16 2012, 09:24 PM) *
And the METS WIN!!!!

Now 7-3 this team as I predicted is surprising people.

Pitching looks good, OPS fine and showing some pop.
Lacking defense and speed, but very happy on how the mets are playing out of the gate.

Underdogs playing to win.

I'm so glad they didn't spend any money bringing in overpriced players this offseason. With the all-homegrown team and upgraded bullpen, Sandy is looking like a genius in almost every game. This is such a fun team to watch. I haven't been this excited for some time now. I can't wait for the next home stand @ citi!

+Quote Post
MeanBaller
post Apr 17 2012, 09:30 AM
Post #14

Superstar
Group Icon

QUOTE (angy @ Apr 16 2012, 08:12 PM) *
If he's as good as your assesment of the Mets, I'll pass!

I had a house once that was kind of old. I loved it because it was in a place where it was a nice place to escape my otherwise busy life. But it was old. It had that old house smell. The a/c always broke. The kitchen was in really bad shape, the plumbing was in worse shape. So I knocked it down and built another and better home right on the same plot of land.

It's really terrific. Everything works as it should. No non-functioning, misfunctioning or absent essential elements.

That's what the Mets need. To be totally knocked down and rebuilt. I don't want the Mets to lose per se. What I want is for there to be SOME inflection point that gets them into reconstruction rather than sideways motion. And since the Wilpons are only ruled by money, and they have shown themselves content to have a team that is poorly constructed, the only way to provoke change is to break their bank. And the only way for fans to do that is for them to stay away. And the thing that will get the maximum number of them to stay away is if they are - IN THE SHORT TERM - dreadful to watch and constantly losing.

It's always darkest before the dawn and all those cliches.

So don't let someone who has a different agenda twist my logic. I want them to win over the long haul by losing in the short haul. This plan is one that can never work and the infidels must be driven out.

+Quote Post
MeanBaller
post Apr 17 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #15

Superstar
Group Icon

QUOTE (Pauly B @ Apr 16 2012, 10:38 PM) *
I'm so glad they didn't spend any money bringing in overpriced players this offseason. With the all-homegrown team and upgraded bullpen, Sandy is looking like a genius in almost every game. This is such a fun team to watch. I haven't been this excited for some time now. I can't wait for the next home stand @ citi!

Sandy?

Not for nothing but Torres aside, this team is Omar Minaya's.

+Quote Post
Truefan79
post Apr 17 2012, 10:32 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

It was not my intention for my post to be a negative. I've been all for a youth movement for a long time. Longer than pretty much anybody who posted in this topic has been a member of this board. (The old time posters in this topic know what I mean)

Anyway back to the topic at hand. I was simply pointing out that the Mets pitching has been fantastic to this point. Much more than anybody on here would have claimed to have predicted. The offense has actually been disappointing compared to where most people thought it would be. (In regards to scoring runs)

I don't think even the most optimistic fan can believe that the Mets will continue to pitch to a 2.38 ERA. (I think that's what it stands at today) So my original post was to spark debate as to where you think the Mets will truly land. Notice I did say with continued success in the pitching department and uptick in runs scored the playoffs was a possibility.

--------------------
People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.

- Rogers Hornsby

-mvr 7/2/12

+Quote Post
angy
post Apr 17 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #17

Superstar
Group Icon

QUOTE (MeanBaller @ Apr 17 2012, 10:30 AM) *
I had a house once that was kind of old. I loved it because it was in a place where it was a nice place to escape my otherwise busy life. But it was old. It had that old house smell. The a/c always broke. The kitchen was in really bad shape, the plumbing was in worse shape. So I knocked it down and built another and better home right on the same plot of land.

It's really terrific. Everything works as it should. No non-functioning, misfunctioning or absent essential elements.

That's what the Mets need. To be totally knocked down and rebuilt. I don't want the Mets to lose per se. What I want is for there to be SOME inflection point that gets them into reconstruction rather than sideways motion. And since the Wilpons are only ruled by money, and they have shown themselves content to have a team that is poorly constructed, the only way to provoke change is to break their bank. And the only way for fans to do that is for them to stay away. And the thing that will get the maximum number of them to stay away is if they are - IN THE SHORT TERM - dreadful to watch and constantly losing.

So don't let someone who has a different agenda twist my logic. I want them to win over the long haul by losing in the short haul. This plan is one that can never work and the infidels must be driven out.

I very much agree with your comment. I'm getting upset with one poster who describes anyone critical of the present Mets team and Ownership as not being a true Met fan. I take it personal because I've been a fan since their inception with Casey Stengel which I'm sure is much longer than our critic. I offered my comment that all of us here want the Mets to win. Unfortunately they do not win enough championships for a large market team. And when we criticize the Ownership we are not displaying a non support of the players. In their 50 yrs how many championships have they given us. That's the real issue.

+Quote Post
Milner60
post Apr 17 2012, 11:02 AM
Post #18

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 294

QUOTE (angy @ Apr 17 2012, 11:37 AM) *
I very much agree with your comment. I'm getting upset with one poster who describes anyone critical of the present Mets team and Ownership as not being a true Met fan. I take it personal because I've been a fan since their inception with Casey Stengel which I'm sure is much longer than our critic. I offered my comment that all of us here want the Mets to win. Unfortunately they do not win enough championships for a large market team. And when we criticize the Ownership we are not displaying a non support of the players. In their 50 yrs how many championships have they given us. That's the real issue.

Angy, just let it go and comment on the games and your assessment of the team on the field. Batman is free to write whatever he wants. He is also free to root for the orgnaziation if he so chooses. I have and will always be a fan of the Mets on the field, not of the organization. I comment on the organization as it obviousl affects the make-up of the team. I do not understand why a criticism of the organization is taken as a criticism of the team, but Batman feels that it does so let him be. Just keep being a Met fan, hard as it has been for a while to see quality play on the field. Battle him on the quality of the roster and keep your sanity.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Batman Forever
post Apr 17 2012, 11:19 AM
Post #19

Rookie
Group Icon

Mets turned over the Management and by most regards hired three expert baseball men to rebuild the franchise.

The Mets moved on from Reyes, Beltran and KRod and other lesser parts that did not belong in a rebuilding effort. Bay is probably next to go but has not been movable. Johan and Wright will probably be kept and there is a strong push to let the younger guys play and to build from within.

But it seems loud and clear you will not be happy unless the wilpons sell. It appears clear they will not, but $3 billion dangled in front of them might change their mind.

So wishing the team to lose because that will accelerate the rebuilding (that is actively in place) is in my opinion wrong. They signed niese, should extend dickey and give gee every chance to prove first half 2011 was real. Lets get a glimpse at harvey in september, call up mejia when healthy and be patient on familia and wheeler. Draft for upside this year and sign internationally to strengthen system.

Team is on the right track and the mets do not have to lose 3 of 4 to get there. Winning is good for the young players think the build up to 1986 ....

QUOTE (MeanBaller @ Apr 17 2012, 09:30 AM) *

+Quote Post
angy
post Apr 17 2012, 11:44 AM
Post #20

Superstar
Group Icon

QUOTE (Milner60 @ Apr 17 2012, 12:02 PM) *
Angy, just let it go and comment on the games and your assessment of the team on the field. Batman is free to write whatever he wants. He is also free to root for the orgnaziation if he so chooses. I have and will always be a fan of the Mets on the field, not of the organization. I comment on the organization as it obviousl affects the make-up of the team. I do not understand why a criticism of the organization is taken as a criticism of the team, but Batman feels that it does so let him be. Just keep being a Met fan, hard as it has been for a while to see quality play on the field. Battle him on the quality of the roster and keep your sanity.

Thanks. Ans so far in this short season I have been impressed with the starting pitching. Hopefuly it will continue and win or lose they will be exciting to watch.

+Quote Post
MeanBaller
post Apr 17 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #21

Superstar
Group Icon

QUOTE (Batman Forever @ Apr 17 2012, 12:19 PM) *
Mets turned over the Management and by most regards hired three expert baseball men to rebuild the franchise.

The Mets moved on from Reyes, Beltran and KRod and other lesser parts that did not belong in a rebuilding effort. Bay is probably next to go but has not been movable. Johan and Wright will probably be kept and there is a strong push to let the younger guys play and to build from within.

But it seems loud and clear you will not be happy unless the wilpons sell. It appears clear they will not, but $3 billion dangled in front of them might change their mind.

So wishing the team to lose because that will accelerate the rebuilding (that is actively in place) is in my opinion wrong. They signed niese, should extend dickey and give gee every chance to prove first half 2011 was real. Lets get a glimpse at harvey in september, call up mejia when healthy and be patient on familia and wheeler. Draft for upside this year and sign internationally to strengthen system.

Team is on the right track and the mets do not have to lose 3 of 4 to get there. Winning is good for the young players think the build up to 1986 ....

You are dreaming. Which is your right, but as you have said more than once, you are not entitled to your own facts. They hired NO ONE to rebuild the franchise. They run it. They may have three guys with experience (how many rings, by the way) but no one has the authority to do anything. Wilpon Rules. And that's the fact.

There have been several GMs, there have been several managers. The roster has turned over again and again. There is only two constants - the Wilpons are still at the helm and the Mets continue not to win.

And I will point out again - all of these kids you attribute to the three new geniuses were acquired when Omar was GM. No one else. And just because they are the best Mets prospects doesn't mean squat. The best player on a lousy team is not necessarily a good player.

+Quote Post
angy
post Apr 17 2012, 12:46 PM
Post #22

Superstar
Group Icon

QUOTE (MeanBaller @ Apr 17 2012, 10:31 AM) *
Sandy?

I thought Rauch,Byrdak,and Francisco Martinez along with Torres were brought in by the new regime.

+Quote Post
Batman Forever
post Apr 17 2012, 01:00 PM
Post #23

Rookie
Group Icon

When reality is fantasy, up is down, round is flat, science is fiction, I must ask what is it you are smoking?

QUOTE (MeanBaller @ Apr 17 2012, 12:21 PM) *
You are dreaming. Which is your right, but as you have said more than once, you are not entitled to your own facts. They hired NO ONE to rebuild the franchise. They run it. They may have three guys with experience (how many rings, by the way) but no one has the authority to do anything. Wilpon Rules. And that's the fact.

There have been several GMs, there have been several managers. The roster has turned over again and again. There is only two constants - the Wilpons are still at the helm and the Mets continue not to win.

And I will point out again - all of these kids you attribute to the three new geniuses were acquired when Omar was GM. No one else. And just because they are the best Mets prospects doesn't mean squat. The best player on a lousy team is not necessarily a good player.

+Quote Post
Cactus
post Apr 17 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #24

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 159

QUOTE (angy @ Apr 17 2012, 12:46 PM) *
I thought Rauch,Byrdak,and Francisco Martinez along with Torres were brought in by the new regime.

with torres out, every starting pitcher and position player was in the organization when alderson arrived. he's made changes to the bullpen and the bench. reyes, beltran, k-rod have been removed and the mets have wheeler and 2 picks to show for them. that's basically his entire record since october 2010, having overseen a poor season in 2011.

--------------------
'-|-'

- "Mr. Jeff Wilpon has decided that he’s going to learn how to run a baseball team and take over at the end of the year… Run for the hills, boys. I think probably all those baseball people will bail… Jeff sits there by himself like he’s King Tut waiting for his camel.” - Nelson Doubleday
- "In today's regulatory environment, it's virtually impossible to violate rules." - Bernard Madoff, 10/20/07
The Washington Post decided not to cover Ralph Nader's presidential campaign because he had no chance of winning. Nader's response: "Then why are you covering the Nationals?"
- Asked by the Post about the younger Wilpon's job performance, Fred Wilpon said: "Excellent. Everybody knows ...that."
- "The word 'autonomy' is sometimes misused." - Jeff Wilpon
- "Let’s give Jeff Wilpon the benefit of the doubt here for a moment. Let’s say he is not short-tempered. Tone deaf. A credit seeker. An accountability deflector. A micro-manager. A second-guesser. A less-than-deep thinker. And bad at self-awareness. Fine, he’s none of these things. But here is the problem: This is his perception in the industry." - Joel Sherman
- “Jeff is the problem with the organization, and he is never going to realize that. He cannot help himself. He has to be involved. He will never hire anyone who will not let him have major input. He will not hire anyone who does not run every personnel decision through him.” - Anonymous NL Executive
- "The only person with a worse reputation than Jeff Wilpon in the game is David Samson." - Anonymous AL executive
- "[Mets GM Omar Minaya] isn’t the General Manager. Jeff Wilpon is. Omar’s the one out there to take the heat.” - Peter Gammons
- [Jeff Wilpon's] role in management, according to one official who worked for him, "is to act as president and CEO of second-guessing."
- "I always want Mets fans on my juries," said one noted defense attorney friend, a rabid Yankees fan. "They love losers, even three-time losers like some of my clients. And if Mets fans believe anything the Mets front office says, I can convince them to acquit anybody." - Denis Hamill
- I got a call the other day. They noted I had been a long term season ticket holder and asked if I was interested. I immediately exclaimed "I'm so sorry for the Wilpon Family". He asked what I meant. I told the guy if he looked in my file, he'd see a note to call me after both Fred and Jeff dropped dead, and not a day before. - Meanballer

+Quote Post
Pauly B
post Apr 17 2012, 01:53 PM
Post #25

Minor Leaguer
Group Icon

QUOTE (MeanBaller @ Apr 17 2012, 09:31 AM) *
Sandy?

Yes, Sandy. He recognized the talent in the organization and only made minor adjustments. Unlike Minaya who would go out and spend lavishly on overpriced players. Now he hasn't had the kind of money to spend like Minaya, but he uses his funds wisely to make inprovements where needed, without doing too much. Sandy, riccardi, and dipodesta have done an outstanding job.

+Quote Post
Pauly B
post Apr 17 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #26

Minor Leaguer
Group Icon

QUOTE (Batman Forever @ Apr 17 2012, 11:19 AM) *

Awesome post. It's like you read my mind.

+Quote Post
MeanBaller
post Apr 17 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #27

Superstar
Group Icon

QUOTE (Batman Forever @ Apr 17 2012, 02:00 PM) *
When reality is fantasy, up is down, round is flat, science is fiction, I must ask what is it you are smoking?

I don't smoke. Nor do I own rose-colored glasses. I don't drink either - not alcohol or kool-aid. Seems like you do all of the above. Must be fun, because your views on the Wilpons and the Mets seem like those seen in fun house mirrors.

+Quote Post
Batman Forever
post Apr 17 2012, 04:40 PM
Post #28

Rookie
Group Icon

QUOTE (MeanBaller @ Apr 17 2012, 03:38 PM) *
I don't smoke. Nor do I own rose-colored glasses. I don't drink either - not alcohol or kool-aid. Seems like you do all of the above. Must be fun, because your views on the Wilpons and the Mets seem like those seen in fun house mirrors.

I am the 99%. Enjoy life, my wife, my family. I have strongly rooted beliefs. I am a die hard fan for my sports team. Love to go to the ballpark, watch games on tv, buy team merchandise. Love to celebrate my teams success. Team is the players on the field.

What I am not (the 1%): glass is empty, sky is falling, world is coming to an end, conspiracy theories, deeply rooted anger. Hate the capitalists and let that hate get in the way of enjoying sports and the team. Blame the capitalists that they are destroying your team, and root for them to fail (and your team to fail) to lead to their demise. Spread the gospel of how these owners are evil and how they must be destroyed. Plot the plan of destruction. Live in doom and gloom. Don't drink, don't smoke.

+Quote Post
MeanBaller
post Apr 17 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #29

Superstar
Group Icon

QUOTE (Batman Forever @ Apr 17 2012, 05:40 PM) *
I am the 99%. Enjoy life, my wife, my family. I have strongly rooted beliefs. I am a die hard fan for my sports team. Love to go to the ballpark, watch games on tv, buy team merchandise. Love to celebrate my teams success. Team is the players on the field.

What I am not (the 1%): glass is empty, sky is falling, world is coming to an end, conspiracy theories, deeply rooted anger. Hate the capitalists and let that hate get in the way of enjoying sports and the team. Blame the capitalists that they are destroying your team, and root for them to fail (and your team to fail) to lead to their demise. Spread the gospel of how these owners are evil and how they must be destroyed. Plot the plan of destruction. Live in doom and gloom. Don't drink, don't smoke.

Well, gee - ain't YOU pleased with yourself......................

+Quote Post
Truefan79
post Apr 17 2012, 05:10 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Seriously, fellas. Can we please keep the personal aspects outside of the debates and stick to the topic at hand. I'm throwing this down as a general warning to everyone. The next person who insinuates that they are a better person/fan/hotdog vendor/street sweeper/etc etc etc etc is going to get the ban hammer. Debates someones points not them.

You want to be optimistic? Awesome! You want to hate the Wilponzis? Awesome! Stick to it and not to each other.

--------------------

- Rogers Hornsby

-mvr 7/2/12

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 04:39 PM